Family Lawyer in Houston to fight for Child Custody in Houston TX.


There are laws that govern the rights of custody and visitation in cases of domestic violence . First, the judge must decide whether there is domestic violence , and in this case, the judge has to apply special rules to decide custody of the children .

The judge will try the case as a case of domestic violence whether in the past 5 years :

  • One parent was convicted of committing domestic violence against the other parent ;
  • A court decided that 1 parent committed domestic violence against the other parent or child .
  • In general, when a judge decides your case is domestic violence , CAN NOT give custody (whether sole or joint ) to the parent who committed violence . But that parent may have a schedule of parenting ( visitation ) .

A judge CAN give sole or joint custody to the parent who committed violence if:

  • We test the court to give joint or sole custody is in the best interest of the children ;
  • He has successfully completed a batterer intervention program of 52 weeks duration ;
  • He has successfully completed counseling on substance abuse if the court ordered it;
  • It has successfully completed a parenting class if the court ordered it;
  • You are on probation or parole and has it complied with the terms thereof;
  • There is a restraining order against him and fulfilled ; and
  • NO has committed any further acts of violence .

It is always advisable to go to a lawyer who can represent to help you. Gino lawyer contact the Bureau, is a Family Lawyer in Houston to fight for Child Custody.


Gino Mesa Law Firm

Keywords:Immigration lawyer in Houston, G. Mesa Law Firm, P.C., Non-Immigrant Visas in Houston, Immigrant Visas in Houston, Employment Based Petition Visas in Houston, Labor Certification Visas in Houston, Permanent Visas (Green Card) in Houston, Family Based Petition (Green Card) in Houston, Consular Processing in Houston, VAWA Petitions in Houston, U and T Visas (Victims of Crimes) in Houston, Naturalization & Citizenship in Houston, Religious Visas in Houston, Work Permits in Houston, 1-9 Compliance in Houston, Defense of Removal / Deportation in Houston, Asylum and Refugee in Houston, Federal Litigation / Appeals in Houston.

  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Make an appointment

Contact Us

Please type your full name.

Please type your phone number

Invalid email address.

Invalid Input

Invalid Input