Family Lawyer in Houston to fight for Child Custody in Houston, TX.
There are laws that govern the rights of custody and visitation in cases of domestic violence. First, the judge must decide whether there is domestic violence, and in this case, the judge has to apply special rules to decide custody of the children.
The judge will try the case as a case of domestic violence, whether in the past 5 years :
- One parent was convicted of committing domestic violence against the other parent ;
- A court decided that 1 parent committed domestic violence against the other parent or child.
- In general, when a judge decides your case is domestic violence, CAN NOT give custody (whether sole or joint) to the parent who committed violence. But that parent may have a schedule of parenting (visitation).
A judge CAN give sole or joint custody to the parent who committed violence if:
- We test the court to give joint or sole custody is in the best interest of the children;
- He has successfully completed a batterer intervention program of 52 weeks duration;
- He has successfully completed counseling on substance abuse if the court ordered it;
- It has successfully completed a parenting class if the court ordered it;
- You are on probation or parole and has it complied with the terms thereof;
- There is a restraining order against him and fulfilled; and
- NO has committed any further acts of violence.
It is always advisable to go to a lawyer who can represent to help you. Gino lawyer, contact the Bureau, is a Family Lawyer in Houston to fight for Child Custody.
Call now for a free consultation at 713-923-1331 or 866-663-7741